chatbox

POP-OUT CBOX       -       DISCORD
while the earth blooms, it's what keeps me a l i v e
admin mod
welcome
to haven! We’re happy you’ve found us. Haven is an advanced wolf roleplay with pagan and magical traits. The site’s simplistic nature is geared towards those seeking a relaxed, drama-free writing environment while still including content and lore that will drive muse and plots both! Read our Rules to get started, and Register when you're ready. We look forward to writing with you!
updates
1/15
we're hosting staff tryouts! read more
1/13
custom energia has arrived! we're also having an advertisement contest. read more
1/10
several of our canon nation adopts are back up for grabs! come get yourself a hierarch, legate or heritor. read more
1/7
the tree of life is up to something! it's still not too late to participate. read more
1/4
there's an activity check happening to kick off our soft re-opening! read more
1/3
we've re-opened! along with that, there's a fun new mini-event to celebrate. reply here!

Latest Shouts In The Shoutbox -- View The Shoutbox · Rules Collapse  

Death's Valley

Aptly named for its craggy outcroppings and arid climate, Death’s Valley is a dark, wide expanse that can pose hazardous during extreme weather of both the hot and cold variety, making it downright dangerous during winter and summer. In Spring and Autumn, however, the Valley can be quite beautiful: green grass and edible mosses erupt from between the rocks and crags, while low-growing blossoms blanket the valley floor in a colorful carpet. Thousands of rock hyrax call this valley home in the gentler seasons, making it a plentiful and scholarly hunting ground for pups just learning the art.

Add Reply
New Poll

Gods be Good, all welcome!
Judas
 Posted: Jan 6 2018, 10:00 AM
played by KATiE
feeling Awed
Awards: 1

single
Med. | Tall
Pansexual
He/Him
years

There is intention in his movements. Carried on slate paws, the boy keeps an even and steady pace, instinct ushering him forward in her quiet way: a command that sounds deep within his bones. His young body is full of secrets and information yet to be picked about by his curious mind. Excitement and joy, favoured bedfellows, lay stashed in his willowy bones for later dissection - things he knew best what to do with in his possession of Salimpour blood. Merry making had been hewn into him from the moment of his birth (it had been the bread and butter, after all) but that was something to later be contemplated, for at his feet lay two things: the new, sprawling land he’d been hunting for and the knot of hunger, which twisted in his belly like a tightly wrung rag. An unusual caution riddled his motion today, so often whimsical in nature and the teals of his eye flicker about him now and again, into the dark places between the trees and scrubs. He’d found himself here (here!) in the place of visions from before, and the land, however foreign to him, boasted a rugged and treacherous beauty. Carried along on his chariot of rhythmic footfalls, he cannot help but admire it as his tall ears tilt and quiver, attentive to the sounds around him, one, in particular, of great interest.

He had spotted the great herd of reindeer in the previous day’s travel and had begun to tail them, a pale shadow in their wake. They were moving slowly in their numbers: a massive force to be reckoned with and one that he was quietly ill-experienced in taking on. He had been too young for the rare occasion that the Salimpour had decided to go on a proper hunt to participate in. And so, he watches, waits. The falling darkness is one he is used to. He passes through it with the familiarity of old friendship. When the world fell quiet was when he would be called to his post of song and dance - just a boy clacking stones together for his keep with eyes to follow the movements of their dancers and adjust his tune accordingly. ‘Minstrel, gypsy’ it made no difference to him, for that was a day long in the past, where he would not dwindle, the future so close.

He was the child of summer and he relishes in it’s cool luxury. The wind whispers to the trees and his eyes like steel flints finally catch the side of the herd on the opposite side of the inlet. He marvels at them, but somewhat grimly with the ache in his belly, lowering himself to the compassionate earth in one smooth, silent motion. He lay out of the wind, for now, and eyes them for independent weakness, drinking deep of their meaty scent in the air like a fine wine and runs a salmon tongue across his lips. He could not do this alone, and inexperienced, he knew. Gods be good for another, drum his thoughts. For if they weren't, he'd be in for another long night.
PM
^
Vicca
 Posted: Jan 8 2018, 01:48 PM
played by Magpie
feeling Reverent

single
Med. | Tall
pansexual
she/her
years

Her nostrils were alive with a myriad of scents, from earth to warm summer air to the delicious smell of prey that crisscrossed in varied patterns on the path she now walked. Vicca's very essence felt alive and unencumbered for the first time in a long time: Death's Valley though it was named, not even the heat could dissuade her from enjoying the dry landscape, etched in rock outcroppings that she could even call beautiful in their own way. Why the caribou traveled through here was a question she couldn't answer; there wasn't much to be had for foliage, not for herds that large, but even so they cut through the Valley to better grazing. Much like Judas, Vicca trailed them in the hopes of finding weaker prey, the sick or injured, that lingered at the back of the herd. Thus far she'd been unsuccessful.

Several steps ahead of her, the ground moved. Instinct froze her every muscle, and the she-wolf watched as the ground bore delicate feet and long ears, with black eyes that roamed unworried. It was a summer hare emerging from it's ground-den, and the moment she identified it her body was flung into hot pursuit. The hare was caught off guard, and could only leap once before she was upon it, jaws clenched around a single kicking hind foot as its front torso disappeared into the mouth of its den. Vicca was quick in her ministrations: she tugged the creature to her, pinned it with a paw, and broke it's neck in a single motion wherein it went limp and silent. With her tongue lolling triumphantly from her jaws, she collected her prize into her mouth and proceeded onward along the dry pathway, eager to catch back up to the herd. The hare itself would serve only as a snack.

When she came upon the young male, her body was all relaxation. She was still far enough from him that she could flee should he prove dangerous, but the entirety of his demeanor seemed calm, unfussed. Pitching her ears towards him she gathered her tail at her hinds and swayed it several times in wordless greeting, the hare still clenched delicately between her teeth. Placing it between her front paws, she looked to him expectantly. "Any luck?" And with a sweeping muzzle, she gestured in the direction of the herd, a soft smile on her peach-colored lips.

MOONCHILD

This post has been edited by Vicca: Jan 8 2018, 11:23 PM

show me the steep and thorny way to heaven,
PM
^
Judas
 Posted: Jan 9 2018, 09:58 PM
played by KATiE
feeling Awed

single
Med. | Tall
Pansexual
He/Him
years

I’D MARRY MYSELF TO THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD,
and never make her cry

From his low place on the earth, Judas fancied he could feel the hoofbeats of the great animals as they strode, relaxed and unaware of his presence. Despite his mounting hunger, the wayward boy cannot help but appreciate this fancy, however imagined it might have been. His sky blue eyes wash over the muscular bulk of their bodies, the dangerous rack of antlers on the older males that sat like a crown to the testament of their plight to protect their young ones. They were travellers, not so unfamiliar and a smile makes its way to his features, his lips well accustomed to such a motion, for it was so very easy to do. But there was a discrepancy in the expression: the unwelcome tickle of uncertainty. He did not like to kill on the best of days but it seemed this was a task ill-fitted to one of his particular inexperience. The young man draws a deep breath, attempting to still the flutter of his heart when an abrupt motion behind him causes the russet tones of his nape to spring to attention: he jumps up and whips around, nearly losing the magpie feather woven there.

And there stood a woman, who had deposited a hare at her feet. A hare! For a moment he wonders at her authenticity, inclining his nose so he might gain a better sight of her to be sure his eyes had not gone awry. When he concludes at last that the Gods were not trying to fool him and she inquires after his luck, he lets loose a hearty bark of laughter, sweeping the russet of his tail a few times in greeting. ”Luck!” He chuckles, ”You come bearing a white hare - that’s all the luck I could ask for.” She seemed at the kind of ease of someone familiar to her surroundings - though then again she might have been merely used to extended travel. His stomach emits a quietly audible rumble as the scent of blood hits his nose, much to his embarrassment and he glances over his shoulder at the grazing herd that surely would have heard his laugh. Hunting reindeer would perhaps need to wait. ”But until this moment, none to speak of. I only arrived days ago - I’ve yet to discover where…. Here, is.” He utters, turning back to her with an untroubled shrug of his shoulders and an easy smile. ”Where is here?” He inquires, sinking to his haunches. Despite his hunger, he was enjoying having someone to talk to again.

This post has been edited by Judas: Jan 9 2018, 10:08 PM
PM
^
Vicca
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 11:03 AM
played by Magpie
feeling Reverent

single
Med. | Tall
pansexual
she/her
years

Vicca watches him with interest, quickly noting his notice of the hare she's since placed on the ground before her with a casual dance of her steel eyes. It wasn't unusual for her to come upon the hungry, especially when trailing the larger game herds. Without a second thought, she grins and bends her head, grasping one of the hare's ears in her front teeth and expertly flings it towards Judas. It arcs through the air and lands some inches from him; a perfect shot, if she might say so herself. Her eyes dance humorously as she adjusts her stance with a simple shuffling her her paws, head and ears erect as she looks at him.

"You've found yourself in Haven," she answers him plainly. Every ounce of her teems with pride as she says the name, looking about her briefly at all the wonders that the land has to offer. Even in a place of moderate desolation like Death's Valley, beauty could be found. "Everything from that mountain range," she gestures with her muzzle to the North, "to the flat waterlands far South," she gestures once more southward, "is known as Haven. Framed by the Western mountains, just over there." Her voice takes on a teaching quality, though she doesn't mean to patronize. Vicca offers a small smile to him.

"Have you found the Tree yet?" It's one of her favorite questions to ask newcomers; if they hadn't seen the Tree, it wasn't likely they were aware of the Energia unless by some story that brought them here in the first place. And then, "I'm Vicca by the way."

MOONCHILD

This post has been edited by Vicca: Jan 10 2018, 11:03 AM

PM
^
Bogbean
 Posted: Jan 10 2018, 07:56 PM
played by Mortimer/Mort
Loyalist
feeling Cheerful

single
Med. | Short
Lesbian
She/her
years

(ooc: i'm gonna assume this thread takes place before the events of the mini event where Bogbean and Vicca also meet, lmk if i need to edit my post.)

Perhaps she should not have traveled alone- she was in Death's Valley, for certain, but she had no earthly clue how she had wound up there. She had set out before sunrise, certain she knew her way, but this was neither her home in the south nor the Tree of Life. Knowing she was in Death's Valley did her no good. She was only familiar with the area through secondhand description. Her knowledge began and ended at, "it's a very rocky valley, don't go there in the summer or winter." Whoops!

She could do her best to pick a direction, point her paws in that direction, and walk until she wound up somewhere else. Somewhere else that was hopefully closer to an area she knew how to navigate. She was only two years old, but it was really a shame how little she knew about the world outside of her home nation- she'd have to fix that. They'd manage at home without her.

Hunger wasn't helping her predicament. She could ably feed herself when she had access to the streams and rivers of her home, but the terrestrial game of these lands was unfamiliar, and that seemed to be spelling out a fasting period, at least until she came across some sort of pond or bog. This place didn't look like it had many ponds or bogs.

Lone wolves do it all the time. I'll manage. She was having trouble convincing herself. Being hungry made her feel lightheaded, which wasn't doing her navigational abilities any favors. I really am soft.

Her belly squeezed at the smell before her nose caught up fully- there was something furry, tasty, and potentially injured nearby. There was a sharpness in it, like the time her sitter had brought her a fresh vole while her fathers were traveling.

She quickened her pace, kicking up a small trail of dust from the loose, dry soil. She scanned the area, nose twitching, ears swiveling. Where are you, where are you... Her snout prickled in anticipation- feeling it kick and squirm as she sank her teeth in...

Oh, of course, there were two other wolves here, and they clearly were about to share a very dead hare. Bogbean stopped in her tracks, eyeing the hare peevishly. No way is that thing going to split three ways. Maybe if they were cubs. If you really want to catch anything that runs about on four legs, you'll need to pay more attention. It was shameful for any would-be hunter to overlook fresh wolf scent.

She couldn't tell if they had noticed her yet, she was still some distance away. There was no need to be sour, it wasn't their fault she was silly and didn't know how to fend for herself. Raising her head, Bogbean pranced confidently towards the two, tail held low and gently waving.

"Hello!" She called out, stopping a polite distance from them. Maybe one of them could point her in the right direction.

This post has been edited by Bogbean: Jan 10 2018, 07:58 PM
PM
^
Judas
 Posted: Jan 14 2018, 11:13 AM
played by KATiE
feeling Awed

single
Med. | Tall
Pansexual
He/Him
years

I’D MARRY MYSELF TO THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD,
and never make her cry

Judas watches the woman before him with the quiet, somewhat bashful interest of his age group. Barely into manhood, the rusted curvature of his tall ears stand to attention, listening while his seafoam eyes watch, drinking in her expression and subtle body language, keen to learn. He had always been an observant one - it was why he’d been chosen to train as a healer beneath his mother, now long in the past. Without a word however, Vicca flings her catch towards him, which lands with a well aimed thump just before his front paws - beneath the blondes of his coat, heat rises into his face - he draws breath to protest, at first. But as the moment passes he instead rises to the moment, his eyes darting up from the hare to meet her own, a wry smile curling his jaw. You are too kind. He says, offering a gracious bow of his muzzle. She speaks then, and he listens.

Haven. It was aptly named, even in this somewhat desolate place. The forests through which he’d traversed had been lush with an abundance of undergrowth and life. It was regrettable he had yet to find a place to properly call home or he might have begun gathering his stores immediately. He follows her inclination with his gaze, drifting from the mountains to the southern horizon and glancing to the western mountains with nod. So Haven was here. Her pride evident and one he can relate to, when he speaks of his own people despite their poor reputation - he offers her a warm smile upon obtaining her name. He at least, was not the thieving sort of Roma. ”Kindness does not go unpaid among my own people. Thank you, Vicca. I will be sure to pay it forward and to find you again. I’m Judas Eyre, of the Roma, to the far east.” His own eyes twinkle merrily as he mentions his heritage and inclines his muzzle to the East. He cocks a head at her mention. The tree, is it?” He smiles good naturedly. ”Trees are a gift, but I don’t think I’ve run across the one you speak of.”

Just then there is another, who utters a friendly greeting. Judas rises, sweeping his lengthy tail a few times in greeting and calls, ”What of you, stranger? Have you seen the Tree?”

PM
^
Vicca
 Posted: Jan 15 2018, 02:24 PM
played by Magpie
feeling Reverent

single
Med. | Tall
pansexual
she/her
years

'Kindness doesn't go unpaid among my people.' Vicca smiles at this, finding herself enjoying the company of this young male. It doubles in size as he mentions paying it forward: an honorable way to accept such a gift of food. She nods, her eyes soft. "I couldn't ask for better thanks than that," she warbles, her voice pleased. He goes on to introduce himself and while she's never heard of his pack or the place he hails from, that isn't altogether unheard of; many lands, large and small, lay outside the boundaries of Haven. There was an entire world out there she'd never seen, but still her heart rests here.

Ah, yes -- he'd missed the tree for certain. A smirk presses its way to her peach-hued lips. "The Tree: the Tree of Souls. It grows in the North, close to the snow nation. The largest tree you'll have ever seen in your life, and it's the source of the Energia." She attempts to sound informative rather than pompous, not intending to show off but instead enjoying her natural way of teaching others. Wanderer though she is, she's lived nearly all her life in Haven and knows much about it -- a knowledge she always likes to share with other wolves. Their conversation was momentarily interrupted, however: her steel eyes sweep to find Bogbean, her own tail swaying in time with Judas's in a wordless greeting that soon forms on her tongue.

"Hello! Come, join us. We don't mean any harm," she encourages. It wasn't uncommon for strangers to be wary, though she's pleased at the very least to have found such kind company. Her ears pitch towards the she-wolf, awaiting her answer regarding the Tree.

MOONCHILD

PM
^
Bogbean
 Posted: Today at 03:51 pm
played by Mortimer/Mort
Loyalist
feeling Cheerful

single
Med. | Short
Lesbian
She/her
years

She was greeted warmly by the two strangers, much to her relief. Already being asked questions! She was lucky to have come across these two. They seemed to be in high spirits, inviting her to join them.

"Thank you." She answered Vicca, drawing closer to sit near the two of them. "No, I haven't. And I'm Haven born and bred." Trying to correct that was what had gotten her into this little mess. Now was as good a time as any to ask about it.

"The Tree- I've never seen it before, but I'm traveling to see it. It's very important to me." She squinted at their surroundings, giving the rocks and dry grasses a petulant glare. "I think I may be off course. I've never been this far from home before." Death's Valley indeed- soon to be Bogbean's-Dessicated-Corpse's Valley if she didn't find some dratted food and water.

"Oh, gracious, what am I saying? I've forgotten myself. I'm Bogbean, of the Southern Nation. She gave the other two her best apologetic smile.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

skinned by spenny of shine
custom forum structure by Black

Doutaini: Elemental Wolf RP    Baraenor, Lion RP    In Dire Straits: Awoo         

RPG-D    Top RP Sites Top RP Sites    BY TOOTH & CLAW    Animus Top 50 Animal RPG's    Fenrir's Top Wolf Roleplays